Friday, December 14, 2012

Meet The Newest Member of the Translation Team!

inWhatLanguage is, once again, proud to welcome a new recruit to its ever growing family: Veronica, our new Project Manager!

As a Spanish speaker myself, I am especially happy to have a kindred spirit in the team: another original Spanish speaker who came in contact with English at an early point in her life and… It just stuck with her forever. I mean, the languages of Shakespeare and Cervantes; of Justin Bieber and Shakira. Who could resist?

While she is from Peru and I am from Spain, and we have different terms for things like a cell phone (móvil/celular) or a computer (ordenador/computadora), we share this especial duality that allows us to understand that strange new language, creator of the most terrible jokes I have ever read: Spanglish.

You wanna read an example? Really? Okay, but you were warned…

What did the chair say when leaving? Silla!
(… That would stand for ‘see ya’, by the way…)

Anyway, before you all go running away in horror, let us know a little more about our new Project Manager, directly from her keyboard to your screens.

"A little bit about me. I’m originally from Arequipa, Peru, but I’ve been in the U.S.A. for almost 15 years and I currently live in Pleasant Grove, Utah. I have a wonderful family (my husband and 3 kids) and we always try to enjoy every moment of the day!

Fifteen years ago I went to Brigham Young University to learn English, and I had the best English teachers, although I learned more from watching TV and interacting with people.  After some years I got a job as a Desktop Publisher and was able to work with many languages, sometimes more than 20.

learned a lot about other languages and how they are written, especially when it comes to punctuation. While working as a Desktop Publisher, I also went to school for a Graphic Arts degree.  I got my degree and started working as a freelancer for graphic design and desktop publishing; that’s how I met Cody.

A friend of Cody’s referred me to him as a Desktop Publisher, Cody asked me if I wanted to be a Project Manager at inWhatLanguage, and I said yes.

I’ve been working here for over a week now, and I really like it. It can be challenging at times, but I learn new things every day and that’s is very rewarding.

I’m very excited and thankful to be part of the team of inWhatLanguage!"

No comments:

Post a Comment